The mission of Education is Forever Corporation is to increase educational attainment for low-income and marginalized youth by providing access to supportive resources in low-income communities that allow students to thrive in and out of school.
All students in low-income areas, including students who attend community colleges, have access to affordable and supportive student-housing, and can live in a resource-rich environment where education, personal development, and community empowerment are at the center of daily life.
Co-Founders, Irene Hsieh and Aaron Scholl, launched the Education is Forever Scholarship program in 2015. In lieu of a diamond engagement ring, they decided to fund the first round of scholarships, representing the multi-generational impact that education has on families and communities. They met each other at the Century Center for Economic Opportunity (CCEO) in Lennox while Irene was serving as an AmeriCorps member and Aaron was teaching mathematics. They have built their marriage upon a mutual love and respect for their students, and they share a vision for a more just and equitable society.
- Support program members with completing a degree or certificate program at a community college and/or transfer to a university.
- Provide affordable, safe, and supportive housing for low income transitional-aged youth.
- Support program members to successfully transition to a career and another living environment upon completing their degree objective at the community college.
- Support program members to improve their personal health and wellbeing, and become leaders in their larger community.
- Become part of a coalition of community-based organizations in Los Angeles who promote responsible community development and offer supportive services to community members.