Mentorship provides needed support for our students.
Mentorship is provided as a component of our scholars' curriculum with Education is Forever.
- Are paired with mentors through a rigorous process where interests, priorities, and alignments are considered
- Are supported by their mentors throughout the school year with weekly or bi-weekly meetings (currently 100% virtual)
- Attend once a month mentee huddle-ups with other mentees and program staff
- Commit to an average of no more than 5 hours a month
Our research-based model targets Key Community College Success Indicators to support students where they need it most. Our model is 100% based on student-identified goals in the following areas:
- Financial Wellness: budgeting, locating resources, taxes, scholarships and more.
- Academic Wellness: tutoring, study skills, transfer requirements, advocacy, resource identification.
- Personal Wellness: stress management, community building, physical fitness, healthy living.
After participating in our mentorship program 80% of students reported that they:
- could better manage a budget
- could manage stress better
- had increased academic success in college
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MENTOR? Please visit our mentor page here.